Long history of ceramic production in Seto, located in Owari province (now Aichi prefecture), dates back to the 8th century (or Heian-Period (794-1185).) High quality porcelain clay produced from mountains around the city and firewood with high heat value for fuel which is easy to acquire from nearby forest. In addition to those given natural conditions, our predecessors were always seeking new methods and techniques.
Seto has created 1300 years of own history. The enterprising sprit passed down through the generations to the present day.
Ceramic Japan was founded in 1973 in the historic ceramics (commonly called Seto-mono or Yaki-mono) region Seto City, Aichi Prefecture. From the beginning, under an uncompromising design policy, we have produced many products due to the collaboration between talented designers and the traditional craftsmanship of which Seto City is proud.
Those products, which are combination of distinct technique and contemporary design, have both practicality and high artistic quality; they have received various design awards and are highly appraised at home and abroad, for example, MoMA's selection of our products as part of their Permanent Collection.
From our base in Seto, Ceramic Japan will continue to provide the world unique products.
Ceramic Japan will continue to create and provide unique products from Seto to the world.
- Thank you for coming at “NIPPON QUALITY”
at Gift Show autumn 2018 !!
- Ceramic Japan will be exhibiting at “International Gift Show Autumn 2018”.
- Thank you for coming at “interiorlifestyleTOKYO2018” !!!
- Ceramic Japan will be exhibiting at “interior lifestyle TOKYO 2018” !!
Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Spiral Market
- 「+S」Spiral Market MARUNOUCHI
- 「+S」Spiral Market FUTAKOTAMAGAWA
- 「+S」Spiral Market GINZA
- MoMA Design Store
- DESIGN COLLECTION Matsuya Co., Ltd. GINZA
- Assist On
- ORIENTAL BAZAAR
- Japan creation space monova